LED Lighting is an excellent choice for replacing incandescent and high energy consuming systems. RES offers a wide array of LED lighting fixtures and LED retrofit kits. Most of our LED products offer paybacks of less than 2 years, with many of our products paying for themselves in less than a year.
An LED (light emitting diode) is an electro–chemical light source. When the diode is forward–biased, light is generated. The light is monochromatic; the color is dependent on the materials used. White light can be produced by using phosphors similar to those used in fluorescent and coated HID lamps.
LED lighting features a list of applications so impressive that it is emerging as one of the best technologies in lighting. Main benefits of LED bulbs are dim-ability, long lifetime, low power consumption, and directional spot lighting. Low heat production makes them a great replacement for places where an incandescent bulb would simply not be suitable. They produce no UV rays which make them ideal for museum, retail, and sensitive material applications.
- Long life: 50,000hrs + reducing energy and maintenance costs
- Good color rendering
- Low heat output, reducing AC costs
- Can be used in cold environments
- High durability - no filament or tube to break
- System 50-100 Lumens per Watt
- Produces no harmful UV or IR emissions that can damage or fade product
- Has a very high scotopic rendering making it appear brighter to the human eye
- No mercury or hazardous materials to dispose of
- Illumination is directional– their beams may be focused for flood and spot lighting applications
- Very High Efficacy up to 53 lumens per watts
- No environmentally hazardous materials
- Very low operating temperature
- Rugged solid state construction